Athlete of the Month: Gloria Howard
Published June 21, 2016
We would like to congratulate our athlete of the month Gloria Howard! Congratulations and keep working hard! Below are some interesting facts about her and why she was voted by her peers as our athlete of the month.
Words from Coach Isaac:
“Gloria comes in and works hard. She enjoys being pushed every day. She finds motivation in her peers, and the environment FSU offers. She is always smiling and has a positive attitude every time she comes in. She epitomizes what we expect an athlete to be in and out the gym. It's a pleasure coaching her. “
Words from peers:
"She never gives up; she's gotten much faster in running which has been a challenge for her. It's amazing she lost 7 minutes off her time. She's encouraging and always happy, even if she's dying." - Tania G
Here are some fun facts about Gloria:
- When did you start CrossFit?
- April 30, 2013
- What is your biggest motivation?
- "I come to FSU because I love all the people and the relationships I have gained from coming every day."
- What is your favorite lift?
- How has CrossFit changed/inspired your life?
- "I am changed in how I like working out. I like to have a good, hard work out that involves sweating and lifting weights. I love to see my improvements and personal records that progress after hard work."
- What is your favorite quote?
- "Nothing to fear but fear itself"- FDR
- What is your favorite workout fuel?
- "Eating a sweet potato during lunch. It is literally a energy boost and makes a big difference in my evening workouts"
- What is your favorite protein source?
- "Isagenix Vanilla Protein Shake
- What are your future goals?
- "Do a pull up, run a 10k race, and to start attending the weightlifting class. I have bad knees so I struggle with pain at times but I really want to give the class a try."
- Anything else you would like to say?
- I love being here; this is the best thing that has happened to me. I tell people all the time that they should give my gym a try because I love it so much. I want people to come because i want them to experience the same thing I am experiencing."